1. When a 28-year-old Michigan father was pulled over, he knew he was in trouble because of his windows being too tinted. But the officer mentioned that the man’s daughter in the back wasn’t in a car seat. The father started tearing up when he told the officer he didn’t have enough money for a car seat. The next thing he knew, they were both at Walmart shopping for a car seat, which the officer paid for. Sometimes, said the officer, you’ve just got to pay it forward.
2. Adam worked at Taco Bell, and he worked hard. As a matter of fact, he worked for 22 days straight. And when he asked for a day off, the Taco of the Bell Overlords said Nacho, even though Adam’s fellow workers had been given days off during that 3-week stretch. So when it came time for Adam to post “Gorditas for $1.99″ on Taco Bell’s big street marquee, Adam put it up in a very special way, posting “I Quit. F… You.” … Thus ending his career in Taco Hell. And it’s a good thing he put a smiley face at the end of that posting, or they might have construed that as being pretty rude.
3. 37-year-old Rowena Kincaid wanted to achieve her bucket list, and making it to the age of 40 was a big part of that. She felt she was living on borrowed time when doctors diagnosed her with cancer for a second time. And they did not think she would see 40. But Rowena, a very upbeat, cheerful person, decided to put her time left to use by making two documentaries on her life with the disease. One was about raising awareness and the other was called “Before I Kick The Bucket.” Says Rowena: “I know that everyone eventually dies, it’s just so hard to imagine the party continuing without me.” Well, last year, Rowena did actually achieve the biggest item on her Bucket List. She made it to 40, and celebrated it with a costume ball at a castle. Eight months later, however, she died.
4. A grandfather jumped onto the train tracks in Sydney, Australia to save his grandchild. Her stroller started rolling down a platform toward the tracks and the grandfather gave chase. The carriage then landed directly on the tracks and the 62-year-grandfather, hearing a speeding train’s horn getting louder and louder, jumped down onto the tracks, retrieved the child and jumped off the tracks. Seconds later, the speeding train rumbled through.
5. In Washington, D.C., two armed robbers entered a GameStop right around closing time and held up the place. But a sparky little 7-year-old boy who was there with his family went right up to one of them and started punching his chest before a family member dragged him away. His father later said he was a brave little boy for what he did. The robbers got away with the cash but no one was hurt.
6. Hey, as a guy, I know that when you’ve really done or said something stupid, you want to make up with your girl right. And a lot of times, sending her flowers will help a lot. A young guy contacted Amazon to send his girlfriend some flowers at her workplace. And when she got the two big Amazon boxes delivered to her at work, well, she was pretty excited. Then she opened them. And they contained seven bags of flour… the kind you cook with. Now I don’t know if she accepted this as an apology, but it looks like she’s in a really good way if it comes to baking some cakes for the next 10 years.
7. Paul and Kamden had been buddies since kindergarten. And Paul did not see Kamden as being different with a disability. But in second grade, Kamden’s wheelchair was just so heavy for him to move around in, and during an outing, Kamden’s wheelchair tipped forward and tossed him out. Young Paul was horrified, so he made a GoFundMe page to raise money to buy a new and better wheelchair for his good friend. Soon, the goal of $3,000 hit more than $6,000. And Kamden was able to get a nice, customized wheelchair.
8. As fireworks filled the sky in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2013, so did thunder and lightning. When expectant mom Kendra Villanueva and her boyfriend, Ian Gordon, moved quickly to their car for safety, lightning struck their car, went through Kendra’s body and exited through her thumb. Though her baby was not due for a few more weeks, doctors performed and emergency C-section, and baby Kimberly miraculously survived, along with both mom and dad. She’s been nicknamed Flash Gordon. A good nickname, especially since her hair seems to stick straight up.
9. Laura Gilbertson suffers from multiple sclerosis, so for their 10th anniversary, husband Carl wanted to give her something special. So, as Carl pushed her wheelchair through Liverpool city center, a flashmob sprang up and started serenading her with the Bruno Mars song “Just the Way You Are.” Laura was tremendously surprised, and cried from the beautiful gesture.
10. Justin Bieber. Ashley was in the hospital with meningitis and missed out on her quinceañera, which is a big celebration for a girl’s 15th birthday. But the big Bieber fan had a make-up celebration coming, as Justin showed up at her house with multiples dresses for her to choose from and gave her a party she’ll never forget. He danced with her to his song, “Pray,” and kissed her hand. It’s a song Ashley had listened to many times while in the hospital.