Couples Who Got Reunited After Divorce
Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
10. Jo and Gary Nye married in January of 1992, and soon had a son. But because of post-natal depression and Gary being away for lengthy periods in the armed forces, Jo grew weary of their relationship. It also didn’t help that she was homesick for Somerset, which was not 300 miles away. She left Gary to move back there. More than four years passed when she bumped into her former husband at a local supermarket. They started up a conversation and she found out he was out of the forces and again living in Somerset. Sparks began to fly again and soon the couple was a couple again. They remarried on Valentine’s Day of 2000 and had a set of twins.
9. Call it a mid-life crisis for Linda Clements, who had a great 25th wedding anniversary celebration with husband Billy. They had a hotel celebration with 150 friends and shortly afterwards went on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Kenya. But only week after, Linda fell into a deep depression. The couple would soon divorce, with Linda having the feeling it was a huge mistake. But seven years later, Linda, now 53, and Billy, now 58, revisited their old feelings for each other and remarried.
8. Stephen and Sue Tarr were divorced for 12 years. But something inside them just could not let the other go. So exactly 16 years later – to the day and even to the time and location – Stephen and Sue were remarried on August 19, 2000, at 10 a.m. at the Whitby register office in Yorkshire. As a matter of fact, Stephen had even re-enacted his proposal to Sue at the end of Whitby pier.
7. Victoria and Nicholas Craig met at a friend’s wedding in 1969. They were young and carefree and quickly shared immense feelings for each other. They married in 1972 and split up in 1995, divorcing in 1999. They argued during their marriage and long trips by Nicholas for his job made Victoria feel very lonely. A short time after the divorce, Victoria remarried another man, but it did not last either, when she discovered he was having an affair. She was shattered after two failed marriages. Then, in 2002 when Victoria’s sister became ill, Nicholas re-emerged to support her. Through caring for each other during their own times of illness, they got very close again, and remarried in August of 2013.
6. Ann McCreesh and Chris Jackson also met at the wedding of a mutual friend in 1973. They bonded quickly and married in 1977. Eight years later, in 1985, they divorced. It was not a nasty divorce, but Ann felt lonely, as she was on the road much of the time because of her job. Ann later remarried again but it also did not work out and she was divorced once again in 2009. Afterwards, she tracked down Chris and reunited with him. Three week later, he proposed to her for the second time. And for the second time, she accepted it from him. They remarried in 2011.
5. After four years of marriage, Malcolm and Jeanette Salmons divorced in 1974. They had produced a daughter through their marriage but Malcolm did not involve himself with young Marie until she was in her teenage years. She was deeply involved with drugs so Jeanette reached out to him for help, even though both had remarried new partners and gone on with their lives. When daughter Marie died, Malcolm and Jeanette shared tremendous grief. Thirteen years later, they again met at a friend’s house and, with newly crumbled marriages behind them, began seeing each other once again. They began visiting their daughter’s grave together and sharing a flood of memories. In October of 2008, they remarried.
4. After being divorced from Louis Dementriades for 43 years, Renate Stumpf said “Yes” when he proposed to her on Valentine’s Day for a second time at her job at Walmart in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Renate, 75, said Louis had changed a great deal over the years to become a better man. Soon after, the couple remarried.
3. Exactly 50 years after their first marriage, which ended after only two years, Terry and Sandra Kaufman retied the knot. During their first marriage, said Sandra, they were both immature and could not deal with things well. After divorcing, they both remarried and began having many children. Decades passed and then Terry called Sandra a short time after his wife had died. Sandra’s husband had also died years earlier and another long relationship was over for her. Terry invited her to stay with him and his daughter. She accepted and the two rekindled their love of long, long ago. Sandra proposed to Terry this time, and in October of 2008, they remarried.
2. In 1941, Elsie and Leslie Harper got married. They divorced in 1954. In 2011, after 57 years, they remarried. Elsie is now 90 and husband Leslie is 93. Back during their marriage, Leslie was troubled and traumatized by much he had seen during his time in the war. It made them both miserable so the marriage ended. Both remarried others but those new partners died in 2002 and 2004. Leslie reached out to Elsie through a friend of hers, and Elsie was thrilled. And after a time of courting her once again, Leslie proposed to her once more, and, once more, Elsie accepted.
1.Many people know the names Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, both famous actors. And many know their relationship came with beautiful times and many turbulent times through highly publicized accounts. They just couldn’t seem to get along, though their love, somehow, seemed true. The couple wed on March 15, 1964, in Montreal, only days after Taylor’s divorce from another man was final. But this marriage had many problems, with their friends describing Taylor’s tantrums and Burton’s alcoholism. Burton had also had an affair. They divorced in June of 1974. But they didn’t stay apart for long, remarrying secretly in October of 1975. Their fighting was relentless, however, and they split up less than a year later. Somehow, they remained close friends after that. In all, Taylor was married eight times, two of them to Burton.
That’s all for today. Do you know of other instances of marriage, divorce and marriage to the same person? If so, let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted to the good stuff.